Simon Plumbe is dedicated to protecting privacy and information of its site visitors and readers and browsers and to only using their information in an open and transparent manner.
3. WEBSITE USAGE
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use any website owned or operated by Simon Plumbe.
4. INFORMATION USAGE
We use the information we collect about you to facilitate competition entries, respond to enquiries made about the website and to respond to requests for support as necessary and to provide you with a more personalized experience when using our websites.
5. DATA COLLECTION
The following section explains our data collection policies and practices.
- Types of Information that may be collected
- How is information collected?
- How we use the information we collect
- With whom the information may be shared?
- What choices do I have about Simon Plumbe collecting, using, and sharing my information?
- What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
- Links to other Websites
- A special note for parents concerning privacy
- Limitation of Liability
- Correcting and updating personal information
Types of information that may be collected
The personal information we collect is used to facilitate the delivery of information regarding the website, competition entries and awarding of prizes, newsletters and updates from the website and/or our discussion forum and communication in relation to the website based on enquiries we may receive.
Save for very rare exceptions, such deliveries will take place via electronic mail (e-mail) only unless providing successful competition winners with prizes.
To provide these services, Simon Plumbe requires its customers to provide certain personal information from which the customer can be specifically identified as an individual.
Said personal information (which is subject to change at any time and without prior notice) may include, though is not limited to, the following items;
The personally identifiable information which is collected from site visitors customers on completion of our Contact Form for means of communication is the customer’s name and email address (to enable us to respond where needed). These are not used for any unsolicited mailings. The same details are requested for competition entries and address details are only requested should competition winners be successful.
Please note, this site does not request your credit or debit card numbers / details, nor does it store them online. For transactions operated through the website, payments are handled through a third party service and Simon Plumbe has no access to your financial details. In the interests of protecting your privacy, we encourage customers to provide payment for services via secure online paypal payment. This being the case, Simon Plumbe will never receive your debit / credit card / bank details. Simon Plumbe also collects no personal data on any transactions you may make with any of our partner advertisers that may be on the website.
How is the information collected?
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Site, including but not limited to those described below:
- Subscription Emails – Our website offers a subscription service for email updates of news stories posted to the site. This is an automated system allowing us to share information with you about all the latest updates on the website in a daily digest format. You may cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or emails.
- IP Addresses and Click-stream Data – We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration and to prevent malicious attacks on our websites. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Site. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analysed, this data helps us analyse how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
How we use the information we collect
We internally use personally identifiable information about our customers to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our website’s content and layout. We also use collected feedback to evaluate and administer our products and services, respond to any future problems, such as difficulties in navigating our website or accessing certain features, and to gauge user trends to determine what products and services are most popular with users. We believe these uses allow us to improve our website and provide better service to our customers.
We may occasionally use a customer’s email address to contact a site visitor regarding administrative matters or notices, particularly in the event of urgency / emergency. Save for very urgent matters, e-mail shall always be the preferred method of contact.
We may use information in the file we maintain about a customer to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
With whom the information may be shared?
We do not share your information with any parties, but by using our website you agree to provide us with consent to share your information with external agencies in relation to competitions that we may run should we need to provide your details to them in the event that prizes are to be distributed by them directly.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent for the following purposes: as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our website and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfill your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We use standard industry practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. Although we have implemented systems and procedures intended to secure the data maintained by us, security can never be assured. Please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet and/or the World Wide Web and as such our best endeavors are all we can reasonably guarantee. Remember, however, that any personal information you post on the internet may be available to anyone. Please share your personal information responsibly.
Links to other Websites
You should be aware that when you are on the Site you could be directed to other sites beyond our control. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement, the “click” may take you away from this website and onto a different website. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use the website’s logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
Limitation of Liability
By providing us with any personal information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless us from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personal information. In addition, whilst we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of this site and its divisions data provided by Simon Plumbe and divisions to third party companies, promotional partners or vendors, Simon Plumbe is not liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personal information by Simon Plumbe and its divisions or the above-mentioned non-website entities.